Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Personal tools
This is SunRain Plone Theme
You are here: Home / Site Selection / Zoning and Building

Zoning and Building

Building and remodeling within Clay Center city limits requires an application for a building permit and must meet building codes and regulations.

Wakefield requirements include a building permit, zoning regulations, and other forms.

Clifton, Green, and Longford each have their own building permits.

To build or remodel in Clay County outside of the city limits listed above, a building permit application must be submitted to the County Appraisers office. A special use permit application is also available.

The Clay County Zoning and Master Plan, Sanitary Code, and Land Use Plan, outlines building and site requirements.  If rezoning is needed, rezoning fees may apply.

Community of Distinction video

Community of Distinction still




Clay Center Video

Clay County Brochure

Clay County Kansas brochure